Becoming more established

Ian has started managing the project and Judy is more settled in the school and in ministry. More details below. 

Building



The layout of the parking lot is complete. The new TLB has arrived after a facelift by Titan Plant Hire in PE. The first 9 containers for building the technical school wing have arrived and work has started in earnest. All very exciting  


Family news

Amy and William came recently for a weekend. We had a lovely time, which included some whale and dolphin sightings. Ian and Amy had some bonding time with a pre-sunrise kayak trip. We also had some of our JBay friends over to share some pizzas and meet them.



Heather and Nathan are doing well at Solid Ground in Middelburg. They have just returned from their annual mission trip to Tanzania, and wonderfully managed to include people from their current church as well as their previous church, Highway, in Centurion.


David and Robynne have arrived back from their overseas trip, full of exciting stories of adventures and deep relationships maintained. They each have two-month contracts working in Gauteng, and are praying about the next step in their future.


Community

We really feel as if we have been living here for years. Deep friendships and significant influence probably decribe it best. 

In our house church on Tuesday nights, we are going through John Marc Comer's Practising the Way Course, and finding it very meaningful and conducive to slow and solid growth. It is also really growing the relationships and creating closer bonds in the group. 

An American couple, John and Edith Gross, came to spend a month with Global, offering consultations on Strength Finders free of charge after people did the test online. We saw him individually, and as a couple, and it was very helpful. We were priveleged to take them for a trip to the Addo Elephant Park one Saturday. A member of the community lent us a very impressive Jeep. What fun! We enjoyed their company.




Discipleship Groups
We are enjoying spending the weekly hour with the high school students. I (Ian) took my group of Grade 12s for milkshakes. What a great bunch!

Women's ministry

I (Judy) was approached to be part of the core ladies team, that looks after the events and wellbeing for the ladies in the community. Last term they organised the Couples weekend, and a beautiful evening to honour the single ladies. This coming term there will be a ladies weekend away, with the theme Suffering is Never for Nothing, based on a series of talks by Elisabeth Elliot. We are also having a tea to encourage the older ladies in the community to see their value, and to engage more with the younger ladies. (Titus vibes) I am really peaceful and excited about being part of this.


Teaching

The second term went by very fast. Exam time was frustrating, as I encountered the poor quality of the Eastern Cape Department of Education firsthand. I am trying to add value by offering to moderate tests and exams, but we will have to see how that goes. I feel like it is part of my ministry, in a sense, to bring my experience and attention to detail to improving the offering of the Department. Kind of bringing the Kingdom to Earth. I am still really enjoying the school, Global Leadership Academy, the way it is run, and the impact that is has on young lives. 

Creative outlets

I (Judy) spent the winter holiday engrossed in a quilting project. I made a wallhanging for Amy and William to hang in their home. It was a great deal of work and extremely satisfying. They enjoy scuba diving, so I made an underwater scene. The whole wallhanging measures 1190 mm wide and 860 mm high. Notice the two little scuba divers in the top right hand corner. :)


Prayer pointers

Ian: The building project is rather daunting, with all the unknowns budget restraints. Please pray for wisdom and clear communication to management. 

Judy: For wisdom and energy in the school space, as well as in spending time encouraging and building up ladies.


 


Popular posts from this blog

Grieving the losses, yet grateful

The next chapter

I&J BACK in JBay